If you’re a fan of survival games, you’ve probably heard of Ark Survival Evolved. This game is known for its immersive experience and challenging gameplay, and one of the most exciting things you can do in Ark is fishing.
Fishing in Ark Survival Evolved is not just a relaxing pastime, but it’s also an excellent way to get valuable resources and items. However, to be successful in fishing, you need to know the ins and outs of the game mechanics and have the right strategies in place.
In this article, we’ll give you pro tips on how to master the art of fishing in Ark Survival Evolved. We’ll cover everything from the best fishing spots to the right gear and bait to use, as well as advanced techniques to catch even the most challenging fish species.
Are you ready to become a pro fisherman in Ark? Keep reading to find out how!
Get the Right Gear for Fishing
Before you start fishing in Ark Survival Evolved, it’s essential to have the right gear to maximize your chances of success. Here are some of the must-have items you need:
- A fishing rod is the primary tool for catching fish in Ark. You can craft one at the early stages of the game using fiber, wood, and thatch.
- As you progress through the game, you can unlock better fishing rods with more durability and fishing power. Some of the best fishing rods in Ark include the Metal Sickle, Fishing Net, and Harpoon Launcher.
Using the right bait is crucial for attracting specific fish types. Some of the most common baits you can use in Ark include:
- Leach Blood: This bait works well for catching Coelacanth and Piranha.
- Sap: You can use sap to attract Sabertooth Salmon and Coelacanth.
- Leech: Leeches are great for catching bigger fish, such as the Sabertooth Salmon and the Spino.
The location where you fish can also impact your success rate. Here are some of the best spots to fish in Ark:
- Rivers: Rivers are excellent spots to catch a variety of fish types, such as the Piranha, Coelacanth, and Sabertooth Salmon.
- Deep Sea: If you want to catch bigger fish species, such as the Leedsichthys and Mosasaur, you should head out to the deep sea. However, this area is also more dangerous, so make sure to bring your best gear.
By having the right gear, bait, and knowing where to fish, you’ll significantly increase your chances of catching rare and valuable fish species in Ark Survival Evolved.
Choose the Best Fishing Spot
Fishing can be a relaxing and rewarding activity in Ark Survival Evolved, but finding the right spot is crucial for success. Here are some tips to help you choose the best fishing spot:
Consider the body of water: Different bodies of water in Ark Survival Evolved have different fish species, so research and choose a body of water that has the species you want to catch.
Check the weather: Weather conditions can affect fish behavior, so choose a day with favorable weather conditions. Sunny days are usually great for fishing in Ark Survival Evolved.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Fishing Spot
- Depth: Fish prefer different depths depending on the species, so choose a spot that has the right depth for the species you want to catch.
- Structure: Fish often congregate around structures such as rocks, logs, and vegetation, so look for spots with these features.
- Water flow: Fish are attracted to areas with good water flow, which can bring in food sources. Look for areas with gentle to moderate water flow.
Types of Fishing Spots in Ark Survival Evolved
There are different types of fishing spots in Ark Survival Evolved, and each has its own unique features and fish species. Here are some of the types of fishing spots:
- Coastal Waters: These are found along the beaches and shores, and offer a variety of fish species. You can catch fish such as Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, and Piranha.
- Lakes and Ponds: These offer a peaceful and calm environment for fishing, and usually have a variety of fish species. You can catch fish such as Anglerfish, Salmon, and Catfish.
- Rivers and Streams: These offer fast-moving water and a variety of fish species. You can catch fish such as Trout, Piranha, and Sabertooth Salmon.
Now that you know how to choose the best fishing spot in Ark Survival Evolved, you can increase your chances of catching the fish you want. Keep exploring and experimenting to find new and exciting fishing spots!
Learn the Best Bait for Different Fish Species
Catching fish requires more than just patience and skill, it also requires the right bait. Different fish species are attracted to different types of bait, so it’s important to choose the right one for the fish you’re trying to catch. Here are some tips on the best bait for different fish species:
- Worms: Live worms are a favorite of trout and are easy to find at bait and tackle shops.
- PowerBait: This dough-like bait comes in a variety of colors and scents and is designed specifically for trout fishing.
- Salmon eggs: These can be found at many bait and tackle shops and are a popular choice for trout anglers.
- Crankbaits: These lures imitate small fish and can be very effective for catching bass.
- Jigs: Jigs are versatile lures that can be fished in a variety of ways and are great for catching bass.
- Plastic worms: These imitate live worms and can be fished in a variety of ways to catch bass.
- Stinkbait: This bait has a strong odor that attracts catfish and is easy to use.
- Worms: Live or dead worms are also effective for catching catfish.
- Chicken liver: This bait is especially effective for catching larger catfish.
Choosing the right bait for the fish you’re trying to catch can make all the difference. Keep these tips in mind the next time you head out on the water and you’re sure to have more success.
Understand the Fishing Mini-Game Mechanics
One of the most enjoyable aspects of fishing in video games is the mini-game mechanics that come with it. To fully appreciate and enjoy the fishing mini-game, it is essential to understand how it works. The fishing mini-game typically involves casting your line, waiting for a fish to bite, and then reeling it in. However, there are many intricacies involved in the mini-game, and it can be challenging to master it without a clear understanding of its mechanics.
Here are some important things to keep in mind when playing the fishing mini-game:
Pay Attention to the Weather and Time of Day
Weather and time of day play a crucial role in the success of your fishing endeavors. Different fish species are active at different times of the day and in different weather conditions. For example, some fish are more likely to bite during the early morning or late afternoon, while others are more active during the evening or at night. Similarly, some fish prefer cloudy weather, while others are more likely to bite when it’s sunny. Understanding these patterns will help you increase your chances of catching fish.
Choose the Right Equipment
Choosing the right equipment is essential for a successful fishing experience. The type of bait and lures you use will vary depending on the fish species you are targeting. Additionally, different rods and reels are better suited for specific fish species and fishing conditions. Make sure to research and invest in the right equipment before heading out to fish.
Master the Mini-Game Mechanics
The fishing mini-game requires precise timing and technique to master. When a fish bites, you will need to react quickly and reel it in using the appropriate technique. You will also need to be mindful of the tension on the line, as too much tension can cause the line to snap, while too little tension can cause the fish to escape. Practice makes perfect when it comes to mastering the fishing mini-game.
Make the Most of Your Fishing Rewards
If you’re an avid angler, you know that fishing is more than just a hobby – it’s a way of life. But did you know that fishing can also be a great way to earn rewards? From fishing tournaments to catch-and-release programs, there are plenty of ways to make the most of your fishing experiences. Here are some tips for maximizing your fishing rewards:
First and foremost, it’s important to keep track of your catches. Whether you’re participating in a tournament or just fishing for fun, keeping a record of your catches can help you earn rewards in the future. Take note of the species, size, and location of each catch, as well as any other pertinent information, such as the time of day or weather conditions. This information can be valuable for future fishing trips, and it can also help you earn rewards from programs that incentivize catch-and-release.
Join a Fishing Rewards Program
- Many fishing companies offer rewards programs that allow you to earn points for purchases or for participating in fishing-related activities. These points can be redeemed for merchandise, trips, or other rewards. Research companies that offer rewards programs and sign up for those that align with your interests and needs.
- Participate in catch-and-release programs that incentivize responsible fishing practices. Programs such as the Bassmaster Catch and Release Club or the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation’s Angler Action Program allow you to earn rewards for reporting your catches and releasing fish back into the water unharmed.
Participate in Fishing Tournaments
Fishing tournaments are a great way to put your skills to the test and potentially earn rewards. Many tournaments offer cash prizes, merchandise, or even trips for the top finishers. Make sure to research and register for tournaments that align with your interests and skill level. Don’t be afraid to try out different types of tournaments, such as bass fishing, fly fishing, or saltwater fishing, to find the ones that suit you best.
Sell Your Catches
- If you’re an experienced angler with a surplus of catches, consider selling them to local restaurants or markets. Many establishments are willing to pay a premium for fresh, sustainably caught fish. Just be sure to comply with local regulations and licensing requirements.
- Consider donating your catches to local charities or food banks. This is a great way to give back to your community and help those in need while also making the most of your fishing experiences.
By following these tips, you can make the most of your fishing experiences and earn rewards for your skills and knowledge. So grab your fishing gear and get out on the water – the rewards are waiting!
Explore the Different Fishing Techniques in Ark Survival Evolved
If you’re playing Ark Survival Evolved, fishing is a valuable skill to learn. It can provide you with a reliable source of food, resources, and even rare items. However, to make the most of fishing, you need to understand the different techniques available to you. Here are some of the most effective fishing techniques in Ark Survival Evolved.
Using a Fishing Rod
One of the most common and straightforward ways to fish in Ark Survival Evolved is by using a fishing rod. You can craft a basic fishing rod with just a few resources, and it will allow you to catch a variety of fish, from small salmon to large Coelacanths. However, keep in mind that different fish require different bait, so experiment with different options to find what works best.
Using a Baryonyx
- Catching Fish
- Collecting Silica Pearls
If you have a Baryonyx, you can use it to catch fish without even using a fishing rod. Simply ride the Baryonyx into the water and use its primary attack to catch fish. This technique can be faster than using a fishing rod, but keep in mind that you’ll need to bring the Baryonyx close to shore to collect the fish.
Baryonyx is also useful for collecting silica pearls, which can be found in the ocean floor. The Baryonyx’s secondary attack can break the pearl stones, allowing you to collect the valuable pearls. Be careful, though, as there may be dangerous creatures lurking in the water.
Using a Pelagornis
- Catching Coelacanths
- Collecting Oil
If you have a Pelagornis, you can use it to catch Coelacanths, which are one of the rarer fish in Ark Survival Evolved. Fly the Pelagornis over the water and use its secondary attack to scoop up the fish. It may take a few tries to get the hang of it, but it’s a fun and unique way to fish.
Pelagornis can also be used to collect oil, which can be found in the ocean. Simply fly the Pelagornis over the oil slick and use its secondary attack to collect the oil. It’s a great way to gather resources without having to go diving.
These are just a few of the many ways you can fish in Ark Survival Evolved. Experiment with different techniques and see what works best for you. With a little practice, you’ll soon be able to catch plenty of fish and gather valuable resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fish in Ark Survival Evolved?
Fishing in Ark Survival Evolved requires a Fishing Rod or a Harpoon. You need to find a water source and equip the Fishing Rod or Harpoon. Look for a fish in the water and aim your fishing tool towards it. When the fish is caught, reel it in by pressing the “E” key. For better chances of catching fish, you can use bait such as Leech Blood or Sap.
What are the benefits of fishing in Ark Survival Evolved?
Fishing can provide a variety of benefits in Ark Survival Evolved. You can catch fish to use as a food source or to tame certain creatures. Fishing can also reward you with special items, such as the Fishing Net, or rare fish such as the Coelacanth or the Piranha.
What is the Fishing Net in Ark Survival Evolved?
The Fishing Net is a special item that can be obtained by fishing in certain areas of the game. It can be used to catch multiple fish at once, making it a useful tool for gathering large amounts of fish. However, it has a limited durability and can only be used a certain number of times before it breaks.
Can you fish from a boat in Ark Survival Evolved?
Yes, you can fish from a boat in Ark Survival Evolved. You need to have a Fishing Rod or Harpoon equipped, and then aim towards the water while on the boat. Fishing from a boat can provide a wider range of fishing options, as you can move around to different areas of the water.
What types of fish can you catch in Ark Survival Evolved?
There are several types of fish that can be caught in Ark Survival Evolved, including Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha, and Anglerfish. Some fish can only be caught in certain areas or with specific bait. Each fish has its own uses and benefits, such as being a food source or providing materials for crafting.
Can you fish in any water source in Ark Survival Evolved?
You can fish in most water sources in Ark Survival Evolved, including lakes, rivers, and oceans. However, some water sources may not have as many or as varied fish populations, and fishing in certain areas may require certain tools or bait. It is always best to explore and experiment to find the best fishing spots and techniques.