If you’re a fan of fish sticks, you might be wondering what else you can do with them besides just dipping them in tartar sauce. Luckily, there are plenty of delicious and creative ways to use this freezer staple!
Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or fun party appetizers, fish sticks can be versatile and tasty ingredient that you won’t want to overlook. From classic fish and chips to inventive tacos and salads, there’s no shortage of possibilities for transforming plain old fish sticks into a flavorful meal.
“Fish sticks don’t have to be boring! With a few simple additions and alterations, you can turn them into something truly special.” – Unknown
In this post, we’ve gathered six delicious ideas for things to make with fish sticks that will give you plenty of inspiration for your next meal. Whether you’re feeding a crowd or just trying to come up with a new way to enjoy this classic frozen food, we think you’ll find something here that appeals to your taste buds.
We’ll cover everything from kid-friendly classics to more sophisticated dishes that adults will love. So grab a package (or two!) of fish sticks, get inspired, and let’s get cooking!
Fish Stick Tacos
To make fish stick tacos, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 package of frozen fish sticks (12-14 sticks)
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
Follow these simple steps to make delicious fish stick tacos:
- Cook the fish sticks according to package directions, until golden brown and crispy.
- While the fish sticks are cooking, warm the tortillas in a dry pan over medium heat for about a minute on each side.
- Toss the shredded cabbage with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and cilantro.
- Once the fish sticks are cooked, remove them from the oven and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble the tacos by placing a few pieces of fish onto each tortilla, followed by a scoop of shredded cabbage, some diced avocado, and a dollop of the sour cream mixture. Squeeze a wedge of lime over each taco before serving.
Fish stick tacos are a versatile dish that can be served in many different ways. Here are some ideas to try:
“These tacos are great with a side of Mexican rice and black beans. You can also add some diced tomatoes, jalapeños, or hot sauce for extra flavor. If you want to make it a full meal, serve the tacos with a refreshing cucumber and tomato salad.” -Food Network
Another great way to enjoy fish stick tacos is to switch up the toppings. Try using sliced radishes, crumbled queso fresco, or pickled onions instead of the avocado and sour cream.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even turn your fish stick tacos into a breakfast dish by adding scrambled eggs and bacon. The possibilities are endless!
No matter how you choose to serve them, fish stick tacos are sure to be a hit at any mealtime. They’re easy to make, delicious, and perfect for feeding a crowd. Give them a try today and see what all the fuss is about!
Fish Stick Casserole
What to make with fish sticks? Look no further than a delicious and easy-to-prepare Fish Stick Casserole. This dish can be whipped up in less than an hour, making it perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have the time or energy to spend hours cooking.
- 1 (24 oz) package of frozen fish sticks
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup French fried onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and straightforward. You likely already have many of them on hand in your pantry or freezer. If not, they can easily be found at any grocery store.
To prepare the casserole, first preheat your oven to 375°F. Next, place the frozen fish sticks in a single layer in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. In a separate bowl, stir together the cream of mushroom soup and milk until well combined.
“Fish is one of those proteins that’s incredibly quick to cook.” -Marcus Samuelsson
Pour the soup mixture over the fish sticks, spreading it evenly across the top. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the soup mixture, followed by the French fried onions. Finally, season everything with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
“Fish are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. These essential nutrients keep our heart and brain healthy.” -Mayo Clinic
Once done, your Fish Stick Casserole is ready to serve! This dish pairs well with a variety of sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
If you’re looking for an easy, tasty, and budget-friendly meal that uses fish sticks, look no further than this delicious Fish Stick Casserole. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic assembly and baking steps, you can have dinner on the table in no time!
Fish Stick Sandwiches
For making fish stick sandwiches you will need the following ingredients:
- 4-6 frozen fish sticks
- 2 hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Pickle slices
- Ketchup or tartar sauce
Make sure to defrost the fish sticks according to the instructions on the package before cooking them. You can use any brand of frozen fish sticks but make sure that they are crispy and not soggy when cooked.
To assemble your fish stick sandwich, follow these easy steps:
- Cook the fish sticks in an oven for about 10 minutes, or as per the instructions on the package.
- Toasted the hamburger buns until they are golden brown.
- Add a lettuce leaf on the bottom bun.
- Put 2-3 fish sticks on top of the lettuce.
- Add sliced tomatoes and pickle on top of the fish sticks.
- Add mayonnaise and ketchup or tartar sauce according to your preference.
- Cover with the top of Hamburger bun.
- Your fish stick sandwich is now ready to eat.
“Fish sticks are a popular food around the world because it provides lots of protein and a variety of nutrients.” -Zhao Xianming
The above recipe is perfect for anyone who wants a quick meal that is both delicious and nutritious. Fish sticks are not only quick to cook but can also be very healthy if paired with the right condiments such as lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and mayonnaise. These ingredients offer a mix of vitamins, fiber, and protein that makes them an ideal choice for any time of day when you want something filling.
If you want something more sophisticated, you can experiment with adding different toppings or sauces to your fish stick sandwich. For example, you can add avocado slices, onions, jalapenos, coleslaw, or sriracha sauce to create a unique flavor profile that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Additionally, you can use different bread types like ciabatta, sourdough, or baguette to give your sandwich a twist.
“Fish sticks are one of those convenience foods that have become so ubiquitous over the past decades.” -Mark Bittman
The key to getting the perfect texture for your fish stick sandwiches is in how you prepare them. You need to make sure that the fish sticks are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Using a slightly undercooked frozen fish stick may result in a soggy sandwich. To prevent this, defrost according to instructions then bake it at a high temperature to achieve crispness.
Fish stick sandwiches are a great option if you don’t know what to make with fish sticks. They require minimal effort, are packed with essential nutrients, and can be customized depending on individual preference. The possibilities are endless with fish sticks; make your favorite recipe today!
Fish Stick Salad
To make a delicious fish stick salad, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 bag of frozen fish sticks
- 4 cups green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Follow these simple steps to assemble your fish stick salad:
- Bake the fish sticks according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and sliced red onions.
- Add cooked fish sticks on top of the vegetables.
- Gently mix in diced avocado and shredded Parmesan cheese.
The dressing for this salad is tangy and light. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and enjoy!
“Fish sticks take me back to my childhood – they’re crispy, easy to prepare, and so versatile. This salad is a fresh and delicious way to enjoy them as an adult.” – Ina Garten
If you’re wondering what to make with fish sticks, this salad is the perfect answer. It’s quick and easy to prepare, making it an ideal meal for busy weeknights. The combination of crispy fish sticks, creamy avocado, and tangy dressing creates a unique and flavorful dish that will satisfy your taste buds.
Not only is this fish stick salad tasty, but it’s also packed with nutrients. Leafy green lettuce provides fiber and vitamins, while tomatoes are rich in antioxidants. Avocado supplies healthy fats and potassium, and Parmesan cheese adds calcium protein. With all of these wholesome ingredients, you can feel good about enjoying this meal regularly.
So next time you’re in a pinch for dinner ideas, consider whipping up a fish stick salad. It’s a fun twist on traditional salads and a creative way to use frozen fish sticks. Trust us – your taste buds (and your stomach!) will thank you.
Fish Stick Skewers
If you’re wondering what to make with fish sticks, try making fish stick skewers. This recipe is not only easy to prepare but it’s also delicious and perfect for a quick meal or snack. Here are the ingredients you need:
- A box of frozen fish sticks (any brand will do)
- Bamboo skewers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced bell peppers
- Zucchini cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
To assemble your fish stick skewers, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cook the fish sticks according to package instructions.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, slice the bell peppers and cut the zucchini into small pieces.
- Thread the cooked fish sticks, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and zucchini onto the bamboo skewers
- Lightly brush the skewers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the skewers in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the vegetables are lightly roasted and the fish sticks are golden brown.
Once done, remove from the oven, serve and enjoy!
“Fish stick skewers are a great way to take advantage of a childhood favorite ingredient, transforming it into an elevated dish.” -Carlos Garcia, Chef
You can also experiment with dipping sauces such as tartar, honey mustard or garlic aioli to add more flavor and depth to your meal. This dish is perfect for a family dinner or as an appetizer during a party.
So next time you’re struggling with what to make with fish sticks, try making fish stick skewers – it’s easy, delicious and sure to impress!
Fish Stick Stir Fry
If you have fish sticks in your fridge, don’t just settle for the basic meal of fries and ketchup. Try this delicious and easy-to-make fish stick stir fry recipe! Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 pound frozen fish sticks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s start cooking!
- Bake the frozen fish sticks according to the package directions, until they are crispy.
- Take a wok or a large skillet and heat up the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Then add the broccoli, snow peas and red bell pepper slices and continue to stir-fry everything together for about 5 minutes or until veggies get tender-crisp consistency.
- Add the baked fish sticks to the pan along with soy sauce, salt and black pepper and toss everything together to combine well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the fish sticks absorb all the flavors from veggies.
- Lastly, whisk the cornstarch-water mixture into the stir fry. This will thicken the sauce and make it stick to the veggies and fish sticks better. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened up.
“Fish is too good to be eaten only when there are no meat options – steal ideas from a culture that loves its seafood; try new things with shrimp, scallops, clams, octopus” -Unknown
This dish not only makes use of your leftover frozen fish sticks but also gives you a healthy dose of vegetables that make this meal well-rounded. It is perfect for those who are craving Chinese takeout but want a home-cooked meal. With minimal ingredients, easy preparation, and delicious flavors, this fish stick stir fry recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
So next time you find yourself wondering what to make with fish sticks, give this recipe a try!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some creative ways to use fish sticks in a recipe?
One creative way to use fish sticks is to create a fish stick taco. Simply warm up the fish sticks and place them in a warm tortilla with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and a dollop of sour cream. Another idea is to chop up the fish sticks and use them as a topping for a salad. The crispy texture and flavor of the fish sticks add a unique twist to a classic salad.
How can I make a healthy meal with fish sticks?
A healthy meal with fish sticks can be achieved by opting for baked fish sticks instead of fried. Serve the fish sticks alongside a side of roasted vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers. Another idea is to use fish sticks as a protein source in a grain bowl, pairing them with quinoa, brown rice, and a variety of vegetables.
What types of sauces or dips go well with fish sticks?
There are several sauces and dips that pair well with fish sticks. Tartar sauce is a classic pairing, but other options include honey mustard, ranch dressing, and sriracha mayo. For a healthier option, try pairing fish sticks with a side of hummus or guacamole.
Can fish sticks be used in a sandwich or wrap?
Yes, fish sticks can be used in a sandwich or wrap. Simply heat up the fish sticks and place them in a sandwich or wrap with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Another idea is to chop up the fish sticks and use them as a filling for a fish taco or wrap.
What are some side dishes that pair well with fish sticks?
Side dishes that pair well with fish sticks include roasted vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and green beans. Other options include sweet potato fries, coleslaw, and baked beans. For a healthier option, try pairing fish sticks with a side of quinoa salad or roasted sweet potato wedges.